When you are using the Curtain Pole Store website, Curtain Pole Store is the data controller.
What Information We Collect and Why
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes: name, email, address and telephone number.
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few reasons why we use your personal details:
- if you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone, email or live chat;
- to process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its delivery;
- to maintain any registered accounts you have with us;
- to make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs including serving you with any pop-up messages and voucher codes;
- if you have purchased a product from us we may contact you from time to time, by SMS, email or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in;
- promoting and advertising (including personalisation) of our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- promoting and advertising our products and services to you via email;
- we record telephone calls for compliance and legal reasons;
- to get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- when you provide a review on our website;
- when you enter any of our competitions;
- matching and aggregating your personal data for analysis and to provide you with a more personalised experience;
- to analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
- when you engage with us on any social media platform
- we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes; and
- for crime or fraud prevention purposes.
Our Legal Basics For Processing Your Data
For Curtain Pole Store to be allowed to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. When you buy a product on our website, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data - for example, if there is a product recall.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
Our legitimate interests include:
- analysing and understanding your customer journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction
- sending you email or SMS marketing messages, if you have previously bought something from us
- calling you to discuss your delivery and any other services that we would like to offer you
- promoting and advertising our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- analysing our website’s performance and solving any problems
- personalisation of your shopping experience
In some cases, we can collect and process your personal data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When We'll Contact You
We may contact you by telephone shortly after you order with us, to discuss your delivery and make sure that it all goes smoothly for you.
We like you to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions. You can opt out of receiving email and text messages from us at any time. To do this, you can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
If you have asked us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available, the email will not have an unsubscribe link in it as it is a single email notification. Unsubscribing from marketing will not affect your ability to receive an out of stock notification.
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by email or live chat to ask a question about your order or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again.
Who Do We Share Your Information With
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties, but only in very limited circumstances:
- where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request),
- when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service or marketing communications providers. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf;
- with our insurance brokers or insurers for claims (or potential claims) purposes;
- social media platforms or internet platforms (this is based on cookies - for more information see cookies
We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
We sometimes share anonymised information and analytics with third parties but not in a way that they could identify you as an individual.
We use third party payment service providers which are integrated into our website. When you pay using one of these methods e.g. Sagepay or PayPal, you are redirected to the provider’s portal. Your use of these services are subject to the terms and conditions (and privacy policies) of the payment providers.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary in line with the reason that we collected it from you and to meet any legal requirements (such as resolving a dispute). The time that the personal data is kept for is called the retention period. We retain your personal data relating to the purchase of your products for a period of 3 years after your purchase..
You have a set of legal rights in relation to your personal data. These rights are to ensure that you are in control of how your personal data is used by organisations. We have provided a summary of your rights below:
- You have the right to know what personal data we store that relates to you (also known as a subject access request);
- If any personal data is not correct (for example it is old information), you have the right for it to be corrected;
- You have the right to tell us to stop using your personal data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing;
- You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to any processing, which was based on you giving consent;
- You have the right to ask us to no longer process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not prejudice you.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. The right to erasure is not an absolute right.
- You have the right to ask for an individual to review any decision made using an automated process.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Your privacy is important to us which is why we’ve ensured every part of our site uses secure connections. Look for the green padlock in the address bar and the letters ‘https’, as these should always be present when browsing our site.
We only take orders through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. There’s no way you can order through an unsecured connection.
For extra security, you’ll see our checkout uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard SecureCard and American Express Safekey, which safeguards you from unauthorised use of your cards. Once you've registered and created a password with your card issuer, you'll be prompted to provide this each time you check out.
We’re constantly monitoring and testing our IT systems and using the latest technology to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks to provide a safe and secure shopping environment.
Cookies are small file containing letters and numbers that is stored in your browser or the hard drive of your device and it is used to transfer information.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you by emailing [email protected]o.uk.